1. Set a budget and stick to it. Things can start adding up pretty quickly, so keeping in mind that more is less in 2008 should help you stay on track.
2. Set a limit on your guest list. This will ensure you don’t over extend your funds. The average wedding cost $100 per person, so by limiting your guest list to 100 people instead of 150, theoretically you could save around $5000.
3. Skip the five course sit down dinner. It takes more catering staff to prepare and serve a plated dinner; therefore it is more cost effective to have an elegant buffet.
4. Order a smaller cake. Everyone likes cake but not everyone needs a huge piece. As caterers we are always shock at the amount of cake that gets thrown out at EVERY wedding.
5. Offer a signature drink instead of a full bar. Limiting your guest selection will maximize you liquor return at the end of the night.
ABOUT SAVORY CUISINES CATERING
If you are looking for a professional Boulder, Colorado catering company with an excellent reputation for their service and their food, look no further than Savory Cuisines. Catering to both the Denver and Boulder areas, including Broomfield to Longmont and Golden to Louisville, Savory Cuisines is dedicated to making the best food available by using the freshest and most flavorful ingredients available.
With an assortment of menu options collected from cultures around the world, Savory Cuisines can serve a delicious meal to a group of any size that is uniquely suited to their tastes. Choose from BBQ, Southwest, Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Italian, Irish, or Traditional American meals as you plan corporate events, home entertaining or special occasions like an anniversary or a wedding.
For quick and easy solution to catering dilemmas, select one of the many pre-made catering menus that our patrons have enjoyed in the past. Or, if you have special wishes or plans for the menu, we will gladly work one-on-one with you to ensure that everything is perfect with the menu and our Boulder catering services.